Regardless whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after a while and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Fiat Fullback, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Fiat Fullback and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Fiat Fullback is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the safety components of your Fiat Fullback. Indeed, you are frequently in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a consequence essential to take the time to in some cases verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Fiat Fullback, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Fiat Fullback, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles to help you to do this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Fiat Fullback
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Fiat Fullback? Take note that this operation is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Fiat Fullback. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to perform this act accurately according to the strategy you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Fiat Fullback through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Fiat Fullback by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Fiat Fullback on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Fiat Fullback following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Fiat Fullback through the wheel arch:
This solution is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Fiat Fullback through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them now:
To discover more tips on the Fiat Fullback, take a look at the Fiat Fullback category.