Regardless whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after some time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Cruze, we’ve written this article to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cruze and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cruze is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety equipments of your Chevrolet Cruze. Indeed, you are most of the time in a hurry and tend to enter into your car, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence important to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Cruze, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Cruze, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first technique shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cruze
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cruze? Please be aware that this task is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cruze. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to carry out this action properly dependant on the solution you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cruze through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Cruze by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Cruze on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Cruze following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cruze through the wheel arch:
This methodology is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cruze through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them right now:
If you need more guides on the Chevrolet Cruze, go to our Chevrolet Cruze category.