Whether you feel you can’t see as well at night, or you feel you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these scenarios, there’s only one part of your car to blame – your headlights, as well called high beams. Nevertheless this adjustment may seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more technical than this basic manipulation, and in this post, we are going to discover how to adjust the headlights of your Peugeot 807? To do this, first we will discover why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Peugeot 807.
Why adjust the headlights of your Peugeot 807?
So let’s begin our article with the interest of adjusting the headlights of your Peugeot 807. For many people, our headlights are adjusted good enough, and they appear to light up enough at night. Regrettably this is not constantly the circumstance and looking at this setting, either because the headlights on your Peugeot 807 are not bright enough, or because you have the feeling that they are too weak is a good idea .
Adjusting the high beams of your Peugeot 807 for safety
To begin with, the headlight adjustment of a Peugeot 807 must be made for a basic security reason. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. In truth, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to fail to see an obstacle while traveling, or to anticipate a curve badly. However, if your headlights are too powerful, even if you are supposed to switch to low beam lights when you cross a car, the time required to make this change will most of the time expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Peugeot 807 . It is consequently important for others as well as for you to have an ideal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Peugeot 807 for legal reasons
In addition to security, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of motor vehicle headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it suggests: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at least 100 meters. Another legislation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be very same to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Peugeot 807?
We will now go forward to the section that concerns you the most in this post, how to adjust the headlights of his Peugeot 807? This adjustment may seem a bit complex, but by simply following the instructions you should be able to perform it without too much issue.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Peugeot 807
To begin with, you’ll need to prepare your car to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to executed:
- Place your car on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure carefully.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unnecessary weight from the car, just one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Peugeot 807
Once your vehicle is in place, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Verify with a level that both parts of the cross are horizontal. Then back your car up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the procedure here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your hood, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical control of the headlights of your Peugeot 807 (they are in general designated, and those on top must adjust the verticality and the one on the side handles the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or different things to hide the projector on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical correction, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once finished, verify that the headlights setting of your Peugeot 807 is logical, do not hesitate to verify it after you have driven it, often it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Peugeot 807, please browse our article on this subject.
If you need more tutorials on the Peugeot 807, go to our Peugeot 807 category.