It doesn’t matter if you feel you can’t see properly after dark, regardless you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these cases, there’s only one part of your car to blame – your low beams. Even though this adjustment may appear easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a full adjustment is much more complex than this common manipulation, and in this article content, we will see how to adjust the low beam lights of your Infiniti QX70? For this, first we will see why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Infiniti QX70.
Why adjust the low beam lights of your Infiniti QX70?
So let’s start our article content with the benefit of adjusting the low beam lights of your Infiniti QX70. For the majority of us these lights are sufficiently adjusted, and it looks like that they light up enough at night. Unfortunately this is not constantly the case and looking at this setting, either because the low beams of your Infiniti QX70 are not illuminating well, or because you have the sense that they are too low or too strong is a good option .
Adjusting the low beam of your Infiniti QX70 for safety is a good option.
To start, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Infiniti QX70 must be done for a elementary safety cause. It doesn’t matter if it’s for you, or for the other drivers you encounter during your night journeys. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the real danger is to miss an obstacle on the road, or to anticipate a curve badly. Alternatively, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the car owners in front of you, and thus putting yourself at risk. It is subsequently crucial for others as well as for you to have an optimal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Infiniti QX70 for legal motives
Furthermore to safety, there is a law that controls the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that light up at least 30 meters. Another law controls their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Infiniti QX70?
We will now move on to the section that concerns you the more in this article content, how to adjust the low beams of his Infiniti QX70? This setting may seem to be a bit complicated, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much problem.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Infiniti QX70
Firstly, you will need to set up your car to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to do:
- Place your car on a area in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Examine your tire pressure rigorously.
- Examine that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unnecessary weight from the car, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Infiniti QX70
Once your car is into position, you will switch on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your car up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the task here are the simple steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, locate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Infiniti QX70 (they are in general marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side handles the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or anything else to hide the light on which you are not making the modification.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal modification, you should have the most powerful part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical adjustment, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once carried out, check that the low beam setting of your Infiniti QX70 is consistent on the road, do not be reluctant to check that it has been driven, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Infiniti QX70, please examine our article content on this subject.
If you need more tutorials on the Infiniti QX70, go to our Infiniti QX70 category.