Whether you feel you can’t see as well during the night, whether you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these situations, there’s only one part of your motor vehicle to blame – your low beams. Although this correction may look easy to do thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a full correction is much more complex than this common realignment, and in this content, we will discover how to adjust the low beam lights of your Alfa Romeo Giulia? For this, first we will discover why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Alfa Romeo Giulia.
Why adjust the low beam lights of your Alfa Romeo Giulia?
So let’s begin our content with the interest of adjusting the low beam lights of your Alfa Romeo Giulia. For many people these lights are good enough adjusted, and it seems that they light up enough at night. Sadly this is not necessarily the case and verifying this setting, either because the low beams of your Alfa Romeo Giulia are not illuminating well, or because you have the sense that they are too low or too strong is a good idea .
Adjusting the low beam of your Alfa Romeo Giulia for safety is a good idea.
To begin, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Alfa Romeo Giulia must be done for a basic safety reason. Regardless whether it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night journeys. Indeed, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to miss an obstacle on the road, or to anticipate a curve badly. However, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the drivers in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is as a consequence important for others as well as for you to have an ideal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Alfa Romeo Giulia for legal motives
Moreover to safety, there is a law that controls the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum , 30 meters. Another law controls their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the ground, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Alfa Romeo Giulia?
We will now go forward to the section that concerns you the more in this content, how to adjust the low beams of his Alfa Romeo Giulia? This setting may appear a bit complicated, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much problem.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Alfa Romeo Giulia
To start, you will need to prepare your motor vehicle to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to apply:
- Place your motor vehicle on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Examine your tire pressure precisely.
- Examine that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all needless weight from the motor vehicle, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Alfa Romeo Giulia
Once your motor vehicle is into position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then move back your motor vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, situate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Alfa Romeo Giulia (they are almost always marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side manages the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or anything else to hide the light on which you are not making the modification.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal modification, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once completed, check that the low beam setting of your Alfa Romeo Giulia is consistent on the road, do not be reluctant to check that it has been driven, on occasion it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Alfa Romeo Giulia, please go through our content on this subject.
To find more tips on the Alfa Romeo Giulia, take a look at the Alfa Romeo Giulia category.