Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, in most cases, we kind of enjoy being eqquiped of fog lights on your vehicle. Nevertheless, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s the reasons we composed this short post to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Cadillac DTS?. To get this done, first, we will see what is the reason of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an extra step, how to adjust the fog lights of your Cadillac DTS.
Why is it crucial to adjust the front fog lights of your Cadillac DTS?
So we will begin our short post with the interest of setting the fog lights to Cadillac DTS. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to modify their setting so that they light up more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an Cadillac DTS, allows you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is only authorized outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Cadillac DTS allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they give. Additionally, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will inevitably affect the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Cadillac DTS?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re probably most interested in in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Cadillac DTS? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically easy, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, check the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Cadillac DTS.
- Place your automobile on a flat floor with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Cadillac DTS), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Cadillac DTS and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this trace, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable depending on the year and the options of your Cadillac DTS)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Cadillac DTS, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to read our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on Cadillac DTS if you want to check their lighting level.
To discover more tips on the Cadillac DTS, take a look at the Cadillac DTS category.