Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, in general, we kind of enjoy having fog lights on your motor vehicle. However, they can in some cases be out of adjustment or you may feel that they are too high or too low. That’s explanation why we published this article to demonstrate to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Scion xB?. To make this happen, first, we will see what is the purpose of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an extra part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Scion xB.
Why is it beneficial to adjust the front fog lights of your Scion xB?
So we will start our article with the importance of setting the fog lights to Scion xB. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This equipment, which is not obligatory on an Scion xB, allows you to greatly boost your visibility. However, it is only permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Scion xB allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. Additionally, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will undoubtedly bother the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Scion xB?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re probably most enthusiastic about in this article, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Scion xB? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely basic, here are a few things to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Scion xB.
- Place your automobile on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Scion xB), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Scion xB and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Scion xB)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Scion xB, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t think twice to consult our article on how to adjust the low beam lights on Scion xB if you want to check their lighting level.
To discover more tips on the Scion xB, take a look at the Scion xB category.