Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, generally, you appreciate being eqquiped of fog lights on your car. Nevertheless, they can sometimes be out of adjustment or you may find that they are too high or too low. That’s why we published this short post to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW i3?. To make this happen, first, we will discover what is the benefit of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in another section, how to adjust the fog lights of your BMW i3.
Why is it essential to adjust the front fog lights of your BMW i3?
So we will begin our short post with the interest of setting the fog lights to BMW i3. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to change their setting so that they light up more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an BMW i3, enables you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is exclusively authorized outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its BMW i3 allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they provide. Additionally, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will inevitably bother the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore essential, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your BMW i3?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re most likely most enthusiastic about in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW i3? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem trivial, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely easy, here are a few steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your BMW i3.
- Place your automobile on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your BMW i3), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your BMW i3 and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your BMW i3)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW i3, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t be reluctant to read our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on BMW i3 if you want to check their lighting level.
If you want more guides on the BMW i3, go to our BMW i3 category.