In this post, we want to support you eliminate all the problems you could face around your car’s rims. And, especially, how to remove the rim of a Ford Puma? Whether you wish to change a flat tire, or you wish to change your tires, you will discover all the necessary informations reading this page. To do this, we’ll see first how to remove the tire from a car rim, then, in a second step, how to remove a stuck rim on a Ford Puma, then, how to remove flat rim from its Ford Puma to put the spare tire, and, at last, how to unblock the stuck bolts of a rim.
How to remove the tire from the rim of a Ford Puma?
So we begin our article content by explaining how to change a car tire. You may have made a good deal by buying your tires on the internet, however it is quite complicated to manage to find professionals, car centers that will approve to install tires of your Ford Pumabought elsewhere than in their commercial enterprise. The question of seeking to install them without help is therefore more than logical.
It is theoretically plausible with a lot of strength and a crowbar to change the tires of your Ford Puma alone, however, whether or not you manage to take off both sidewalls of the tire, to loosen it, and to put the new tire back on, you won’t be able to balance the tire if you dont have the specific tools, if you don’t do it, your tires will loose a lot of lifetime. Take notice that oftentimes the installation and balancing costs only about twenty euros. If you wish to purchase tyres on the web to benefit of a better selling price, take a good look, many of retailers offer the fitting at a partner car centre totally free.
How to remove a rim stuck to its hub on a Ford Puma?
We now go forward to the part you are obviously most focused on, namely, how to remove the rim of a Ford Puma stuck to its hub, and more specifically, the rather traditional circumstance of a rim that hasn’t been removed for a long time and that due to rust stuck to the hub of your wheel. In fact, it occurs to a large number of motorists to find themselves in this circumstance and not knowing what you can do. This can be particularly annoying in the case you have a flat tire and need to change the rim on your Ford Puma. Here are the different alternatives available to you:
- If perhaps you have some with you, after jacking up your car, and if possible on candles, and then removing the rim nuts, use some anti-seize agent which you inject into the holes of the nuts and leave it to operate for about ten minutes. Following that, try again to remove the rim from your Ford Puma.
- Use muscle : Despite the fact it is not usually the best solution, in this kind of circumstance you are facing solid pieces that do not risk much, and with the help of a mallet and a wooden wedge you can hit the side of the rim of your Ford Puma and this should certainly unlock it and allow you to remove it.
- Baste the junction between your rim of rust proof hub and wait a few hours before trying to unblock it once again.
How to remove the rim of a Ford Puma to change its flat tire and replace it with the spare wheel?
We are now going to teach you you the most traditional method but that everybody doesn’t know, how to remove the rim from its place if you have a puncture tyre and you desire to change it by the spare wheel? This technique is not complex, here are the different steps to follow:
- Stay out of traffic so as not to put at risk yourself.
- Place your Ford Puma on a flat surface.
- Put on the hand brake and engage first gear.
- If it turns out you don’t know where the jack of your Ford Puma is, please consult our article to learn you where is it located.
- Before jacking up your vehicle, unlock the rim bolts to ensure you don’t force your transmission once lifted
- Lift up your Ford Puma with the jack and end unscrewing the rim nuts of your car.
- Remove the flat tire of your Ford Puma.
- Put on the spare wheel, position the bolts, tighten them all by hand, in a balanced way before putting the car back on the road.
- End tightening the nuts with the socket wrench
How do you remove the stuck nuts from the rim of a Ford Puma?
To finish , it could happen that to remove the rim of your Ford Puma you have to deal with stuck nuts. In such a case, you will have more or less the same alternatives for the circumstance of a rim stuck against the wheel hub. The best option will be to use anti-rust lubricant or anti-rust lubricant and allow it work for a bit of time before unlocking the nuts. Another possibility, search for, some exist on batteries of electric shock wrenches they release a much higher torque than your arm plus the socket wrench, and will help you to unlock the nuts.
To get more tips on the Ford Puma, take a look at the Ford Puma category.