Vehicle mirrors are one of the most essential safety features that you have to always make sure are operating properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a defective side mirror. This is the case that interests us on this page, you have experienced a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Toyota Avalon? You are at the best place, we will highlight all the guidelines to help you change it in the correct way. First of all, we’ll consider what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Toyota Avalon, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Toyota Avalon?
Let’s go, we commence this guidebook with the part that certainly appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Toyota Avalon? This operation is quite easy and you should be capable to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is generally clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure to unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, commonly there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Toyota Avalon. Make sure keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Toyota Avalon, you know now that it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Toyota Avalon?
In the event you just wish to change the window of the side mirror of your Toyota Avalon, you will initially need to determine the type of locking of your mirror. To accomplish this, the quickest approach is to check out the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to change the side mirror glass of your Toyota Avalon and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least difficult device to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take out the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is perfectly placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Toyota Avalon you will have to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can uncover the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Toyota Avalon, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you much easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is equipped with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Toyota Avalon, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Avalon category.