Vehicle mirrors are one of the most important safety features that you have to constantly make sure are operating correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your finances because you can be fined if you have a defective side mirror. This is the case that interests us on this page, you have endured a collision, one of your side mirrors is ruined and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Kia Rio? You are at the right place, we will explain all the methods to help you change it correctly. First of all, we’ll examine what attracts you on this site, how to change a complete side mirror on your Kia Rio, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Kia Rio?
Let’s go, we commence this article with the part that almost certainly interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Kia Rio? This process is quite easy and you should be competent to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure to unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Kia Rio. Be sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Kia Rio, you know now that it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Kia Rio?
In case you just wish to change the window of the side mirror of your Kia Rio, you will first of all need to identify the type of locking of your mirror. To accomplish this, the simplest procedure is to take a look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to change the side mirror glass of your Kia Rio and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the most simple device to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take off the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back into place with force. To verify that it is well placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Kia Rio you will have to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Be sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and softly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Kia Rio, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is equipped with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
To discover more tips on the Kia Rio, take a look at the Kia Rio category.