Car mirrors are one of the most essential security features that you need to perpetually make certain are functioning properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your budget because you can be fined if you have a defective mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on on this page, you have experienced a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Renualt Express? You are at the best place, we will explain all the procedures to help you replace it properly. First, we’ll consider what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Renualt Express, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Renualt Express?
Let’s go, we start this guidebook with the part that almost certainly concerns you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Renualt Express? This process is fairly simple and you should be competent to do it without help with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure you unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Renualt Express. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace the side mirror of your Renualt Express, you see it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Renualt Express?
In case you only want to replace the window of the side mirror of your Renualt Express, you will first of all need to identify the sort of locking of your mirror. To accomplish this, the most basic approach is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to replace the side mirror glass of your Renualt Express and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the most simple device to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back in place with force. To check that it is well situated, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Renualt Express you will need to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, replace it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Stick to the positioning guide (notch) and smoothly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well situated by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Renualt Express, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Renualt Express, do not hesitate to consult our Renualt Express category.