Vehicle mirrors are one of the most important safety features that you have to always make sure are operating properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the case that interests us in this article, you have endured a crash, one of your side mirrors is ruined and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Lexus ES? You are at the best place, we will explain all the steps to help you change it properly. First, we’ll consider what attracts you on this site, how to change a complete side mirror on your Lexus ES, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Lexus ES?
Let’s go, we start this guide with the part that likely appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Lexus ES? This operation is quite easy and you should be able to do it on your own with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Lexus ES. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Lexus ES, you see it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Lexus ES?
In the event you simply want to change the window of the side mirror of your Lexus ES, you will initially need to discover the kind of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the quickest strategy is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Lexus ES and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least difficult device to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to remove the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same thing and push it back into place with force. To verify that it is well situated, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Lexus ES you will need to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and delicately push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well situated by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can uncover the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Lexus ES, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
To get more tips on the Lexus ES, take a look at the Lexus ES category.