Newer automobiles incorporate an increasingly spectacular number of options. If it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial option that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. Obviously, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Renault Megane 4 . To get this done, first, we will discover how the GPS of a car works, then, why the GPS of a Renault Megane 4 isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to resolve it.
How does a Renault Megane 4 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Renault Megane 4 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can figure out all the auto parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us considerably in our day to day life, nevertheless we do not constantly know how they function, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Renault Megane 4 works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Renault Megane 4. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have exact information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to improve GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more exact and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Renault Megane 4 not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Renault Megane 4 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can locate an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Renault Megane 4 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Renault Megane 4, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. Obviously, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the signal of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we explain later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Renault Megane 4 gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Renault Megane 4 gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, in fact, the road network is continuously evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most certainly impacted by an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Renault Megane 4’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Renault Megane 4: If you have reception problems, if frequent or continuing, the issue will absolutely result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Renault Megane 4 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the sellers, it’s a software issue, indeed, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Renault Megane 4 mapping problems: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Renault Megane 4, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our website on this subject to identify the process to follow. This may as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely experiencing an electrical trouble . We advise you to verify the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Renault Megane 4 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content page to help you fix this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Renault Megane 4?
We now proceed to the last component of our content which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Renault Megane 4 . To achieve this, we will review in turn the problems that we identified in the previous component and give you the remedy to each of them:
If you want more guides on the Renault Megane 4, go to our Renault Megane 4 category.