Looking after your automobile is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance works are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Renault Megane 4 . Regardless if it is complicated to give you an exact price, we will first explain the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Renault Megane 4, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Renault Megane 4
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Renault Megane 4, we will explain what their function is. They are an integral part of your braking system and ensure your security on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Renault Megane 4. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Renault Megane 4 . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Renault Megane 4
We’ll now proceed to the part you’re likely most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Renault Megane 4? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your motor vehicle will be built with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is concentrated on the front of the motor vehicle it is important to have them in good working order. We are going to detail the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Renault Megane 4 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a garage area of the brand of your Renault Megane 4 you should know that the services are constantly substantially higher priced. We guarantee you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Renault Megane 4 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage area is a remedy more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Renault Megane 4 although limiting the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Renault Megane 4 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the procedure is not very difficult and you will discover guides on the net. To do this, you just have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Renault Megane 4?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Renault Megane 4 are wear parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to change the brake discs on your Renault Megane 4:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Renault Megane 4, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To find more tips on the Renault Megane 4, take a look at the Renault Megane 4 category.