Newer automobiles come with an more and more notable number of options. Whether it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to focus on a very valuable option that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. Obviously, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Chevrolet Cobalt . To get this done, first, we will find out how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Chevrolet Cobalt isn’t working? And, at last, how to fix it.
How does a Chevrolet Cobalt GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Chevrolet Cobalt doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it functions so that you can figure out all the auto parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us significantly in our everyday life, however we do not always know how they work, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Chevrolet Cobalt functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Chevrolet Cobalt. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have precise info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to maximize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more exact and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Chevrolet Cobalt not working anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Chevrolet Cobalt . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Chevrolet Cobalt doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS signal on your Chevrolet Cobalt, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. Obviously, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the signal of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we show you later how to fix it.
- The GPS of my Chevrolet Cobalt gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Chevrolet Cobalt gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, indeed, the road network is continuously changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re likely affected by an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Chevrolet Cobalt’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Chevrolet Cobalt: If you have reception problems, whether regular or continuing, the issue will absolutely result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make certain that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Chevrolet Cobalt bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the dealers, it’s a software issue, in truth, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To solve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Chevrolet Cobalt mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Chevrolet Cobalt, don’t hesitate to consult our content page on this subject to find out the procedure to stick to. This may possibly as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely encountering an electrical trouble . We suggest you to check the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Chevrolet Cobalt that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an article to help you resolve this problem.
How do you fix the GPS on a Chevrolet Cobalt?
We now proceed to the last component of our content which will enable you to fix the buggy GPS of your Chevrolet Cobalt . To do this, we will review in turn the problems that we determined in the previous component and give you the remedy to each of them:
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Cobalt, go to our Chevrolet Cobalt category.