Newer vehicles include an increasingly notable number of options. Whether it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial option that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. In actual fact, we are going to help you to solve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Audi Q7 . To accomplish this, first, we will discover how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Audi Q7 isn’t working? And, at last, how to correct it.
How does a Audi Q7 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Audi Q7 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can figure out all the auto parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us significantly in our day to day life, nevertheless we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Audi Q7 functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Audi Q7. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have exact info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more accurate and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Audi Q7 not working anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Audi Q7 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Audi Q7 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS reception on your Audi Q7, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In actual fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have endured the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Audi Q7 gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Audi Q7 gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, indeed, the road network is continuously evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re almost certainly struggling with an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Audi Q7’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Audi Q7: If you have reception complications, if regular or lasting, the problem will absolutely originate from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Audi Q7 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the car dealerships, it’s a software problem, in reality, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Audi Q7 mapping complications: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Audi Q7, don’t hesitate to consult our content on this subject to identify the procedure to stick to. This might as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely experiencing an electrical trouble . We advise you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Audi Q7 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content page to help you solve this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Audi Q7?
We now proceed to the last part of our article which will allow you to repair the buggy GPS of your Audi Q7 . To get this done, we will review in turn the complications that we founded in the previous part and give you the remedy to each of them:
To find more tips on the Audi Q7, take a look at the Audi Q7 category.