Newer vehicles include an increasingly impressive number of options. Whether it’s bluetooth to listen to the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very effective option that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. Obviously, we are going to help you to solve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Mercedes Benz GLC Class . To get this done, first, we will find out how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Mercedes Benz GLC Class isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to resolve it.
How does a Mercedes Benz GLC Class GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it functions so that you can understand all the parts of this content.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us considerably in our daily life, nevertheless we do not constantly know how they work, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Mercedes Benz GLC Class functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have exact information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to improve GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more exact and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Mercedes Benz GLC Class not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Mercedes Benz GLC Class doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS signal on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. Obviously, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we explain later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Mercedes Benz GLC Class gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, obviously, the road network is continuously evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re almost certainly experiencing an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Mercedes Benz GLC Class: If you have reception problems, if regular or continuing, the problem will undoubtedly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Mercedes Benz GLC Class bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the car dealers, it’s a software problem, indeed, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To correct this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Mercedes Benz GLC Class mapping problems: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content page on this subject matter to identify the process to stick to. This may possibly as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are probably encountering an electrical problem . We advise you to check the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content to help you solve this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Mercedes Benz GLC Class?
We now move on to the last component of our article which will allow you to fix the buggy GPS of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class . To get this done, we will talk about in turn the problems that we founded in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Benz GLC Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz GLC Class category.