Certain auto parts of your motor vehicle are necessary to its proper performance, and to go further, essential to your security and that of other users. Your braking system is one of them, and if there’s one thing that must be in good working order, it’s this one. When you start to have brake problems you need to handle it right away, that’s why our team has written this article on brake fluid leaks on Infiniti QX80 to help you treat this difficulty in the right method and fix it quickly. To achieve this, we will first discover the function of brake fluid, then, what causes a brake fluid leak on your Infiniti QX80 , and at last, how to repair such a leak.
What is the function of brake fluid on a Infiniti QX80?
So we begin our content page by quickly explaining the function of this famous brake fluid in the braking system of your Infiniti QX80. To understand, a brake system works with a closed hydraulic circuit, that is to say that you will have rigid hoses filled with brake fluid that are pressurized by the master cylinder, and when you press your brake pedal, your brake fluid will be compressed and will actuate your brake calipers so that they pinch the brake pads on your discs. It is consequently necessary that you constantly have the right level of brake fluid on your Infiniti QX80, if you don’t know how to conduct this manipulation, seek advice from our content page on this subject.
Motives of a brake fluid leak on your Infiniti QX80
We now proceed to a more essential part to help you understand why you have a brake fluid leak on your Infiniti QX80 .
What causes a brake fluid leak on a Infiniti QX80?
First, we’ll describe the different possible sources of the leak of your Infiniti QX80. Here are the ones below:
- A broken brake hose: It’s one of the most general causes, one of the brake hoses has been cut and you lose brake fluid and pressure through this hole.
- A defective master cylinder on Infiniti QX80 can result in leaks on its different entries or exits.
- Most of the time this comes about when a brake drain has been done not too long ago, and it is quite often not tightened effectively.
- Wheel cylinder: Just present on drum brakes, this part can leak and trigger an imbalance in the braking.
How to detect a brake fluid leak on Infiniti QX80?
We will now give you the different tips and symptoms to interpret to examine that you have a brake fluid leak on your Infiniti QX80 , find them below:
- If the ABS warning light of your Infiniti QX80 is on , you have to examine directly the state of your circuit, do not hesitate to seek advice from our dedicated content page to have all the measures to conduct.
- If your Infiniti QX80 pulls to the left or right when you brake you could have a brake fluid leak.
- This is one of the most noticeable symptoms, if you feel that your pedal is much easier to press down and goes up more slowly, it is very likely that you have a loss of pressure in your brake system.
- More logical, but if you find brake fluid on one of these elements you are bound to have a leak since this circuit is supposed to be closed.
How to fix a brake fluid leak on Infiniti QX80?
The just solution when you experience a brake fluid leak on your Infiniti QX80 is to go to your mechanic. If it is light, verify your level and drive carefully to the mechanic, if it is too big don’t drive and have your car towed. A general breakdown of your brake system will result in an accident. You can, however, make a few frequent checks to limit the risks:
- verify the brake fluid level repeatedly.
- Purge your brakes every two years or 40, 000 miles.
- Replace the brake fluid if you feel the brakes on your Infiniti QX80 become “soft”.
If you wish more tutorials on the Infiniti QX80, go to our Infiniti QX80 category.