We are increasingly more people to wish to execute the maintenance of our Mercury Mariner by themselves, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very pricey and the least basic service can quickly surpass 100€. The modern vehicles are more and more complex and we can not execute all their maintenance, but some acts like servicing its Mercury Mariner can be performed without too much problems. We are going to help you on this web page to choose the best engine oil for your Mercury Mariner , this will enable you to do your oil replace without any headache and to ensure you an optimum engine unit actions. To get this done, firstly, we will discover how to select the right engine oil for your Mercury Mariner , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Mercury Mariner , and finally, we will finish with some recommendations on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Mercury Mariner
We will consequently commence our content page with a small buying guide to help you choose the best motor oil for your Mercury Mariner with peace of mind. To do this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil properly, in addition to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Mercury Mariner?
The purpose of the engine oil in your Mercury Mariner is to lubricate your engine unit to ensure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Mercury Mariner :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Mercury Mariner (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will signify the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to modify it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Mercury Mariner.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Mercury Mariner (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. Nevertheless, if you use your Mercury Mariner in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The standards : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the manual of your Mercury Mariner that the oil in question is suitable for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little impact in your judgement, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Mercury Mariner to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car manufacturers have partnerships and will suggest you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to stick to these advice.
The different types of engine oil for your Mercury Mariner
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are mainly consisting of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. However, the fact that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of specific components that will improve its life expectancy. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its car. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. However, you should remember to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This kind of oil is really adapted to the recent Mercury Mariner engines, indeed, the protection of the engine unit will be optimal and the cold begin too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Mercury Mariner
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Mercury Mariner , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best dealers so that you can produce your choice in the best conditions. We have made it a point to present only oils adapted to your Mercury Mariner, so you will not actually discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Mercury Mariner
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Mercury Mariner lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will enable you to replace or top up the oil level of your Mercury Mariner with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin ability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Mercury Mariner.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Mercury Mariner
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will enable you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Mercury Mariner
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Mercury Mariner from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil ideal for all engines from Mercury Mariner
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not ideal for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Mercury Mariner which will be adapted to the most difficult engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines pre-loaded with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not ideal for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Mercury Mariner
And to finish this content page, we will give you some advice on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Mercury Mariner, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may affect your engine unit.
- Observe the advice of the oil suppliers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Mercury Mariner
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If you have any further questions about the Mercury Mariner, do not hesitate to consult our Mercury Mariner category.