Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this gives us comfort, we however also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercury Mariner, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the fuse of the parking lights on your Mercury Mariner. To do this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be relevant to change the fuse of the parking lights of your Mercury Mariner, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Mercury Mariner .
Why change the parking light fuse on Mercury Mariner?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the parking light fuse of your Mercury Mariner by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security system to prevent overvoltage on your Mercury Mariner . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still undamaged with a basic visual verify. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the parking lights of a Mercury Mariner when they don’t operate anymore without explanation . If your battery is working correctly, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Mercury Mariner?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Mercury Mariner. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the parking lights of your Mercury Mariner .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Mercury Mariner
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Mercury Mariner’s parking lights. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the instructions of your Mercury Mariner.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to find the parking light fuse of your Mercury Mariner , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this content and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Mercury Mariner
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercury Mariner, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercury Mariner, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Mercury Mariner, go to our Mercury Mariner category.