Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most preferred features when hot, it can also bring in some inconveniences. In fact, the air conditioning in a Peugeot Expert can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to enable you understand why. To get this done, first we will have a look at the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Peugeot Expert have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article content with the source of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Peugeot Expert. Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is more often than not the same. In fact, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Peugeot Expert. This humidity is the perfect origin of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Peugeot Expert. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it frequently (food leftovers for example) will contribute to increase the odors. At last, the last classic justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Peugeot Expert is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and emits a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Peugeot Expert?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Peugeot Expert, because in addition to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Peugeot Expert:
- Nevertheless it may appear obvious, the dirt that builds up in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Peugeot Expert frequently will allow you to take out many of the origins of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Peugeot Expert with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please browse our article content which points out in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Peugeot Expert: This filter which aims to protect against impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Peugeot Expert
Finally, last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on Peugeot Expert, we are now going to give you some recommendations to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Peugeot Expert:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In fact, constantly conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make certain that the air conditioning of your Peugeot Expert is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, indeed, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To find more tips on the Peugeot Expert, take a look at the Peugeot Expert category.