Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most popular functionality when hot, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a Nissan Murano can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to enable you find out why. To do this, first we will have a look at the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Nissan Murano have a smell of humidity?
So we start our content with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Nissan Murano. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often the same. Indeed, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Nissan Murano. This humidity is the ideal origin of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Nissan Murano. Also, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it regularly (food leftovers for example) will play a role in enhance the odors. At last, the last classic explanation for a bad air conditioning smell in your Nissan Murano is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Nissan Murano?
Now that you know where to look to find the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Nissan Murano, because moreover to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now make a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Nissan Murano:
- Even though it may look evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Nissan Murano commonly will allow you to take off many of the sources of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Nissan Murano with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please browse our content which points out in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Nissan Murano: This filter which aims to stop impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure you check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Nissan Murano
To conclude, last part of our content on air conditioning smells on Nissan Murano, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Nissan Murano:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, constantly perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be sure that the air conditioning of your Nissan Murano is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, in fact, the liquid is toxic and also the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Nissan Murano, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Murano category.