Keeping an eye on your automobile is very important nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the theme we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indicators that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Nissan Frontier. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Nissan Frontier?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan Frontier indicate?
We will start our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Nissan Frontier, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan Frontier?
To begin with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Nissan Frontier is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan Frontier is consisting of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan Frontier
The fact is, you can simply experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan Frontier
Now we move on to the part that you are almost certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan Frontier? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be informed that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan Frontier can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them motives the ABS light on your Nissan Frontier to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan Frontier: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Nissan Frontier?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan Frontier?. The answers will be based upon the deficiencies you are going through. First of all, pass your Nissan Frontier to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan Frontier, don’t hesitate to read our content page which details the steps to take. Once you have located the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan Frontier:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve detected an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Nissan Frontier, take a look at the Nissan Frontier category.