Paying attention to your car is important in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is exactly the subject we are going to talk about in this article, one of the signs that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Mazda MX 5 Miata. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Mazda MX 5 Miata?.
What does the ABS light on Mazda MX 5 Miata signify?
We will commence our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Mazda MX 5 Miata, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mazda MX 5 Miata?
To begin with, it is essential to explain to you what the ABS of your Mazda MX 5 Miata is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mazda MX 5 Miata is made up of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mazda MX 5 Miata
In reality, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mazda MX 5 Miata
Now we proceed to the section that you are most certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mazda MX 5 Miata? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mazda MX 5 Miata can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Mazda MX 5 Miata to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mazda MX 5 Miata: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Mazda MX 5 Miata?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mazda MX 5 Miata?. The solutions will might depend on the deficiencies you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Mazda MX 5 Miata to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mazda MX 5 Miata, don’t be reluctant to browse our content page which points out the steps to take. Once you have determined the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Mazda MX 5 Miata:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Mazda MX 5 Miata, take a look at the Mazda MX 5 Miata category.