Watching your car is imperative in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the subject we are going to talk about today, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Jaguar F Pace. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Jaguar F Pace?.
What does the ABS light on Jaguar F Pace mean?
We will begin our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Jaguar F Pace, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Jaguar F Pace?
To begin with, it is necessary to describe to you what the ABS of your Jaguar F Pace is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Jaguar F Pace is consisting of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Jaguar F Pace
The fact is, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Jaguar F Pace
Now we go forward to the section that you are certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Jaguar F Pace? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be conscious that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Jaguar F Pace can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Jaguar F Pace to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Jaguar F Pace: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Jaguar F Pace?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some answers to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Jaguar F Pace?. The answers will rely upon the deficiencies you are having. First of all, pass your Jaguar F Pace to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Jaguar F Pace, don’t be reluctant to go through our content page which points the steps to take. Once you have established the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Jaguar F Pace:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve identified an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more guides on the Jaguar F Pace, go to our Jaguar F Pace category.