Paying attention to your automobile is very important in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the topic we are going to talk about on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Infiniti QX60. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Infiniti QX60?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti QX60 signify?
We will begin our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Infiniti QX60, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti QX60?
First of all, it is essential to describe to you what the ABS of your Infiniti QX60 is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti QX60 is consisting of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti QX60
The fact is, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti QX60
Now we proceed to the section that you are certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti QX60? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti QX60 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Infiniti QX60 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti QX60: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Infiniti QX60?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti QX60?. The answers will rely upon the deficiencies you are going through. Firstly, pass your Infiniti QX60 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti QX60, don’t think twice to read our article which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti QX60:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Infiniti QX60, take a look at the Infiniti QX60 category.