Watching your car is essential in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the topic we are gonna focus on today, one of the indications that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Hyundai Santa Fe. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Hyundai Santa Fe?.
What does the ABS light on Hyundai Santa Fe indicate?
We will commence our article with the definition of an ABS warning light on Hyundai Santa Fe, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Hyundai Santa Fe?
To begin with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Hyundai Santa Fe is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Hyundai Santa Fe is composed of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Hyundai Santa Fe
In reality, you can simply come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Hyundai Santa Fe
Now we proceed to the section that you are most certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Hyundai Santa Fe? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be aware that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Hyundai Santa Fe can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Hyundai Santa Fe to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Hyundai Santa Fe: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will unavoidably come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Hyundai Santa Fe?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Hyundai Santa Fe?. The answers will rely upon the failures you are going through. Firstly, pass your Hyundai Santa Fe to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Hyundai Santa Fe, don’t hesitate to browse our article content which details the steps to take. Once you have determined the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Hyundai Santa Fe:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Santa Fe, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Santa Fe category.