Keeping an eye on your automobile is important in these days, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the topic we are gonna focus on today, one of the signs that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Genesis G80. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Genesis G80?.
What does the ABS light on Genesis G80 indicate?
We will commence our article with the definition of an ABS warning light on Genesis G80, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Genesis G80?
To begin with, it is fundamental to describe to you what the ABS of your Genesis G80 is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Genesis G80 is consisting of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Genesis G80
In truth, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Genesis G80
Now we go forward to the section that you are most certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Genesis G80? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be informed that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Genesis G80 can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Genesis G80 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Genesis G80: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Genesis G80?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Genesis G80?. The answers will might depend on the failures you are going through. First of all, pass your Genesis G80 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Genesis G80, don’t hesitate to browse our content page which points the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Genesis G80:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve spotted an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Genesis G80, do not hesitate to consult our Genesis G80 category.