Paying attention to your car is vital in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the topic we are gonna discuss today, one of the symptoms that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Chrysler Sebring. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Chrysler Sebring?.
What does the ABS light on Chrysler Sebring signify?
We will begin our article content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Chrysler Sebring, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chrysler Sebring?
To start with, it is important to explain to you what the ABS of your Chrysler Sebring is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chrysler Sebring is consisting of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chrysler Sebring
In fact, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chrysler Sebring
Now we go forward to the part that you are most probably more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chrysler Sebring? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chrysler Sebring can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Chrysler Sebring to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chrysler Sebring: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Chrysler Sebring?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chrysler Sebring?. The answers will rely upon the deficiencies you are encountering. To begin with, pass your Chrysler Sebring to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chrysler Sebring, don’t think twice to browse our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have located the origin of your trouble, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Chrysler Sebring:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve identified an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you need more guides on the Chrysler Sebring, go to our Chrysler Sebring category.