Keeping an eye on your car is fundamental in these days, in reality, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the topic we are gonna focus on in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Cadillac CTS. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Cadillac CTS?.
What does the ABS light on Cadillac CTS signify?
We will start our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Cadillac CTS, for this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Cadillac CTS?
To begin with, it is essential to explain to you what the ABS of your Cadillac CTS is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Cadillac CTS is consisting of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Cadillac CTS
The fact is, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Cadillac CTS
Now we go forward to the section that you are likely more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Cadillac CTS? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Cadillac CTS can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them causes the ABS light on your Cadillac CTS to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Cadillac CTS: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Cadillac CTS?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some answers to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Cadillac CTS?. The answers will rely upon the failure you are encountering. Firstly, pass your Cadillac CTS to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Cadillac CTS, don’t think twice to read our content page which points the steps to take. Once you have identified the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Cadillac CTS:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve detected an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any additional questions about the Cadillac CTS, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac CTS category.