Watching your automobile is very important in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the theme we are going to focus on on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Buick Lucerne. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Buick Lucerne?.
What does the ABS light on Buick Lucerne signify?
We will begin our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Buick Lucerne, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Buick Lucerne?
To begin with, it is vital to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Buick Lucerne is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Buick Lucerne is made up of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Buick Lucerne
In truth, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Buick Lucerne
Now we move on to the section that you are certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Buick Lucerne? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Buick Lucerne can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them motives the ABS light on your Buick Lucerne to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Buick Lucerne: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will obviously come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Buick Lucerne?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Buick Lucerne?. The solutions will might depend on the failures you are having. To begin with, pass your Buick Lucerne to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Buick Lucerne, don’t be reluctant to browse our content which points the steps to take. Once you have located the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Buick Lucerne:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Buick Lucerne, take a look at the Buick Lucerne category.