We will try again in this article to help you to fix the small problems associated with your car. We have recently seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will focus on an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Volkswagen Touareg . And to remedy this, we will first try to understand why the wipers on your Volkswagen Touareg remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Volkswagen Touareg stay stuck?
So we will start our content page with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Volkswagen Touareg . First of all we will focus on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Volkswagen Touareg stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one at a time the different problems that can bring about the front wipers of your Volkswagen Touareg to get stuck :
- One of the most general causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Volkswagen Touareg is associated with the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, over time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less general, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked as a result of an object that prevents the blades from working, examine up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will find that your front wipers are going slower, check quickly the cause of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Volkswagen Touareg may not operate as a result of a faulty comodo. To check this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last possibility, the front wipers of your Volkswagen Touareg are blocked as a result of a power failure, so you will have to check two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Volkswagen Touareg stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Volkswagen Touareg , the origins of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated parts that can bring about problems just on the rear windshield of your Volkswagen Touareg. So, remember to perform the same investigations as seen in the previous part of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Volkswagen Touareg?
Finally, for this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your Volkswagen Touareg are unlocked and that they operate properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Volkswagen Touareg?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will detail them one by one in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Volkswagen Touareg, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to find the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be some of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Volkswagen Touareg
- In this situation, it will be quite very easy but expensive to change your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Volkswagen Touareg wiper blocked due to a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to find the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty part
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Touareg, take a look at the Volkswagen Touareg category.