We will try again today to help you to resolve the small complications associated with your motor vehicle. We have not too long ago discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will focus on an irritating problem that can be dangerous in bad climate conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Ram ProMaster . And to answer this, we will first try to discover why the wipers on your Ram ProMaster remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Ram ProMaster stay stuck?
So we will begin our article with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Ram ProMaster . To begin with we will focus on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Ram ProMaster stuck in up or down position?
We will go through one by one the different complications that can bring about the front wipers of your Ram ProMaster to get stuck :
- One of the most common motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Ram ProMaster is associated with the engine that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and eventually need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less common, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked because of an object that prevents the blades from functioning, have a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, verify quickly the cause of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Ram ProMaster may not work because of a faulty comodo. To check this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Ram ProMaster are blocked because of a power failure, so you will have to verify two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Ram ProMaster stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Ram ProMaster , the roots of your problems are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated parts that can bring about complications just on the rear windshield of your Ram ProMaster. So, make sure you perform the same checks as discovered in the previous part of this article.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Ram ProMaster?
Finally, for this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your Ram ProMaster are unlocked and that they work properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Ram ProMaster?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will outline them one after the other in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Ram ProMaster, do not think twice to consult our article on this problem.
- In this case, you will have to find the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be several of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Ram ProMaster
- In this situation, it will be quite basic but expensive to change your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Ram ProMaster wiper blocked caused by a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to find the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty part
If you want more tutorials on the Ram ProMaster, go to our Ram ProMaster category.