We will try again today to help you to solve the small problems associated with your car. We have not too long ago discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will focus on an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Fiat Idea . And to answer this, we will first try to understand why the wipers on your Fiat Idea remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Fiat Idea stay stuck?
So we will start our content page with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Fiat Idea . To begin with we will focus on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Fiat Idea stuck in up or down position?
We will go through one by one the different problems that can bring about the front wipers of your Fiat Idea to get stuck :
- One of the most basic causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Fiat Idea is associated with the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, with time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked due to an object that prevents the blades from functioning, examine up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will locate that your front wipers are going slower, verify fairly quickly the trigger of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Fiat Idea may not function due to a defective comodo. To evaluate this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Fiat Idea are blocked due to a power failure, so you will have to verify two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Fiat Idea stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Fiat Idea , the roots of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated parts that can bring about problems just on the rear windshield of your Fiat Idea. So, remember to carry out the same investigations as discovered in the previous component of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Fiat Idea?
At last, for this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to be sure that the wipers on your Fiat Idea are unlocked and that they function effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Fiat Idea?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will detail them one by one in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Fiat Idea, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this issue.
- In this case, you will have to identify the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be several of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Fiat Idea
- In this scenario, it will be quite basic but expensive to replace your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Fiat Idea wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last scenario, you will have to identify the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective component
To find more tips on the Fiat Idea, take a look at the Fiat Idea category.