We will try again today to help you to resolve the small problems associated with your car. We have recently seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will look into an irritating problem that can be dangerous in bad climate conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Buick LaCrosse . And to answer this, we will first try to figure out why the wipers on your Buick LaCrosse remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Buick LaCrosse stay stuck?
So we will start our content with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Buick LaCrosse . To begin with we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Buick LaCrosse stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one at a time the different problems that can trigger the front wipers of your Buick LaCrosse to get stuck :
- One of the most basic motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Buick LaCrosse is associated with the engine unit that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and ultimately need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked as a result of an object that prevents the blades from working, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, check fairly quickly the trigger of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Buick LaCrosse may not operate as a result of a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is responsible for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Buick LaCrosse are blocked as a result of a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Buick LaCrosse stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Buick LaCrosse , the origins of your problems are more or less the same. Nevertheless there is only one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can trigger problems only on the rear windshield of your Buick LaCrosse. So, make sure to conduct the same checks as seen in the previous component of this content.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Buick LaCrosse?
Finally, for this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your Buick LaCrosse are unlocked and that they operate effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Buick LaCrosse?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will detail them one after the other in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Buick LaCrosse, do not think twice to consult our article on this problem.
- In such a case, you will have to identify the engine unit, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be careful there must be some of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Buick LaCrosse
- In this situation, it will be quite very easy but expensive to replace your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Buick LaCrosse wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to identify the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty component
If you want more guides on the Buick LaCrosse, go to our Buick LaCrosse category.