Although newer cars are becoming better and better insulated, they are still furnaces during the summer. One of the easiest techniques to quickly dissipate this heat during the summer, or help you get reduce the mist in the winter, is to open your windows when you drive. However, sometimes your windows may not open or may get stuck open or close . In this instance, what should I do if I have a window stuck on my Mercedes Benz GLK? This is exactly what we will try to answer today, first we will discover the circumstance of a manual window stuck on Mercedes Benz GLK, and secondly the circumstance of a power window.
Manual window stuck on Mercedes Benz GLK
The mechanisms between a power window and a manual window are different, nevertheless, if the window of your Mercedes Benz GLK is stuck in the open or closed position , it will not change much on the technical side, but in the open position it is necessarily more irritating, you risk to have your car stolen, or to have problems with bad weather and that the inside of your Mercedes Benz GLK moulds or has electrical problems due to humidity.
Why is the manual window of my Mercedes Benz GLK stuck?
If you are in the circumstance where the manual window of your Mercedes Benz GLK is stuck in either the open or closed position, there are two main factors that can explain this blockage:
- The window regulator cable is tangled or destroyed: This will prevent the system from elevating or bringing down the window.
- Seals or glass guides are broken: They prevent the glass from moving up and down suitably.
How to open the stuck manual window on my Mercedes Benz GLK?
Now we have seen why the manual window of your Mercedes Benz GLK is locked in the open or closed position. We will now focus on the answers available to you so that you can unblock the window of your Mercedes Benz GLK . To get this done, you don’t need very advanced mechanical knowledge, the manual mechanisms are actually quite very easy. You will have to remove the seal from your door to access the window lifter system. With a visual check, you will quickly identify if some elements are broken like the window supports or a lever arm, if the cable is tangled or if the rails are broken, which will block the window of your Mercedes Benz GLK. If it’s just the rails you can try to put them back in place and lubricate it, otherwise you will have to replace the component, for that you will have to first remove the glass carefully to access the mechanisms to be changed properly.
Electric window stuck on Mercedes Benz GLK
Now let’s move on to the most known circumstance, a power window blocked on Mercedes Benz GLK . In truth, electric windows are necessarily more complex than manual windows and therefore necessarily bring their share of additional problems.
Why is the power window on my Mercedes Benz GLK stuck?
So let’s start with the possible roots of a window blocked on Mercedes Benz GLK:
- Defective window winder motors: In truth, it’s one of the most general factors for window winder failure, as these motors tire with time and can be rendered useless. In general you can discover this because before they resign entirely, they start to tire and the window rises less and less quickly.
- One of the gears of the window lift system seizes or breaks, in this case you should hear a specific noise when you press the window lift button.
- As with the manual window lifter, one of the cables may break or get tangled in the drum of the system, furthermore you should hear a noise when activating the window of your Mercedes Benz GLK
- The window lift fuse is defective, so no power supply to the window lift motor of your Mercedes Benz GLK
- The switch knob is unplugged or defective
How do I unlock the stuck power window on my Mercedes Benz GLK?
Now that we have seen all the possible motives of a window blocked on Mercedes Benz GLK, it’s time to help you resolve this trouble, on this website are the different measures you will be able to put in place to unblock the window of your Mercedes Benz GLK:
- Before you do anything else, carefully remove your door trim to avoid breaking the staples holding it in place.
- Once in front of the system, you need to test the electrical installation, disconnect the power cables from the motor and using a voltmeter check that you have a current of around 12 volts when pressing the window lift button. If this is not the case, you will have to look at the window lift fuse on your Mercedes Benz GLK, please refer to our article to help you locate it. If your fuse is in good condition check your power supply wires, one of them must be cut
- If it is the cable that is twisted, you can try yourself by removing the glass from its brackets to put it back in place, otherwise it will have to be changed.
- Regarding the engine unit, a basic original replacement will be the best solution, obviously a dead engine unit is not recoverable.
- If it is one of the window supports that is broken on your Mercedes Benz GLK, you can easily change them because they are simply clipped or screwed on your window.
- Finally, if nothing occurs when you activate the switch knob and you have examined all your electrical connections, remove the switch knob to discover if it is effectively connected or if it is not broken.
There, you now know how to get rid of a window stuck on Mercedes Benz GLK/strong, some repairs are more complex than others, if you don’t experience able to do them yourself, go to your auto mechanic who will be able to do them for you.
If you need more guides on the Mercedes Benz GLK, go to our Mercedes Benz GLK category.