Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly also undergo the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volvo V60, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Volvo V60. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which situations it may be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Volvo V60, then where is the car radio fuse of your Volvo V60 .
Why change the car radio fuse on Volvo V60?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Volvo V60 by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Volvo V60 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Volvo V60 when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Volvo V60?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Volvo V60 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, depending on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Volvo V60 can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Volvo V60
If you still have the original head unit on your Volvo V60, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car owners manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Read the owners manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Volvo V60 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse carefully and verify its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Volvo V60
Finally, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Volvo V60 in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Volvo V60 , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Volvo V60, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Volvo V60
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to change the fuse on your Volvo V60
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volvo V60, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Volvo V60, go to our Volvo V60 category.