Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly also go through the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen T-Cross, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Volkswagen T-Cross. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it may be relevant to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Volkswagen T-Cross, then where is the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen T-Cross .
Why change the car radio fuse on Volkswagen T-Cross?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen T-Cross by the interest of changing it. You might experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen T-Cross . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and validate that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Volkswagen T-Cross when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Volkswagen T-Cross?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Volkswagen T-Cross . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, according to the type of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen T-Cross can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Volkswagen T-Cross
If you still have the original head unit on your Volkswagen T-Cross, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Read the manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen T-Cross , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Volkswagen T-Cross
Finally, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Volkswagen T-Cross in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Volkswagen T-Cross , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Volkswagen T-Cross, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen T-Cross
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Volkswagen T-Cross
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen T-Cross, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Volkswagen T-Cross, go to our Volkswagen T-Cross category.