Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Golf 5, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Volkswagen Golf 5. To do this, first, we will find out in which situations it may be important to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Volkswagen Golf 5, then where is the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen Golf 5 .
Why change the car radio fuse on Volkswagen Golf 5?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen Golf 5 by the benefit of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Golf 5 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Volkswagen Golf 5 when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Volkswagen Golf 5?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Volkswagen Golf 5 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, according to the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is quite often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 5 can be determined.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Volkswagen Golf 5
If you still have the original head unit on your Volkswagen Golf 5, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car instruction manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the procedure:
- Read the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 5 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Volkswagen Golf 5
Finally, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Volkswagen Golf 5 in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Volkswagen Golf 5 , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 5, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 5
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Volkswagen Golf 5
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Golf 5, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Golf 5, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Golf 5 category.