Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Peugeot Rifter, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Peugeot Rifter. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it might be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Peugeot Rifter, then where is the car radio fuse of your Peugeot Rifter .
Why change the car radio fuse on Peugeot Rifter?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Peugeot Rifter by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Peugeot Rifter . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Peugeot Rifter when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Peugeot Rifter?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Peugeot Rifter . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, according to the type of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is generally linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Peugeot Rifter can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Peugeot Rifter
If you still have the original head unit on your Peugeot Rifter, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Read the manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Peugeot Rifter , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse attentively and verify its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Peugeot Rifter
At last, we’ll see the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Peugeot Rifter in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Peugeot Rifter , generally you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Peugeot Rifter, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Peugeot Rifter
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to change the fuse on your Peugeot Rifter
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Peugeot Rifter, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Peugeot Rifter, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Rifter category.