Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well undergo the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Mini Cooper, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Mini Cooper. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be important to replace the car radio fuse of your Mini Cooper, then where is the car radio fuse of your Mini Cooper .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Mini Cooper?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Mini Cooper by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Mini Cooper . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and validate that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Mini Cooper when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Mini Cooper?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Mini Cooper . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, based on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is quite often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Mini Cooper can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Mini Cooper
If you still have the original head unit on your Mini Cooper, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle instruction manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Read the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Mini Cooper , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and check its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Mini Cooper
Finally, we’ll discover the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Mini Cooper in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Mini Cooper , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Mini Cooper, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Mini Cooper
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to replace the fuse on your Mini Cooper
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mini Cooper, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Mini Cooper, take a look at the Mini Cooper category.