Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well undergo the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Sprinter 2, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Mercedes Sprinter 2. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it may be important to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Mercedes Sprinter 2, then where is the car radio fuse of your Mercedes Sprinter 2 .
Why change the car radio fuse on Mercedes Sprinter 2?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Mercedes Sprinter 2 by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Mercedes Sprinter 2 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Mercedes Sprinter 2 when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Mercedes Sprinter 2?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Mercedes Sprinter 2 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, according to the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Mercedes Sprinter 2 can be found.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Mercedes Sprinter 2
If you still have the original head unit on your Mercedes Sprinter 2, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car instruction manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Browse the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Mercedes Sprinter 2 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse attentively and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Mercedes Sprinter 2
Finally, we’ll see the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Mercedes Sprinter 2 in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Mercedes Sprinter 2 , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Mercedes Sprinter 2, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Mercedes Sprinter 2
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Mercedes Sprinter 2
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Sprinter 2, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Mercedes Sprinter 2, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Sprinter 2 category.