Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Mustang, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Ford Mustang. To get this done, first, we will discover in which situations it may be important to replace the car radio fuse of your Ford Mustang, then where is the car radio fuse of your Ford Mustang .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Ford Mustang?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Ford Mustang by the interest of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Mustang . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and validate that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Ford Mustang when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Ford Mustang?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Ford Mustang . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, based on the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Ford Mustang can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Ford Mustang
If you still have the original head unit on your Ford Mustang, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car instruction manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Browse the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Ford Mustang , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse attentively and check its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Ford Mustang
At last, we’ll discover the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Ford Mustang in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Ford Mustang , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Ford Mustang, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Ford Mustang
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to replace the fuse on your Ford Mustang
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Mustang, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Ford Mustang, go to our Ford Mustang category.