Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also undergo the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford F 550, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Ford F 550. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which situations it may be important to replace the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Ford F 550, then where is the car radio fuse of your Ford F 550 .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Ford F 550?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Ford F 550 by the benefit of changing it. You might experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford F 550 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Ford F 550 when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Ford F 550?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Ford F 550 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, depending on the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is quite often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Ford F 550 can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Ford F 550
If you still have the original head unit on your Ford F 550, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car owners manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the procedure:
- Go through the owners manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Ford F 550 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and check its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Ford F 550
Finally, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Ford F 550 in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Ford F 550 , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Ford F 550, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Ford F 550
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Ford F 550
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford F 550, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford F 550, go to our Ford F 550 category.