Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Audi Rs5, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Audi Rs5. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which situations it may be important to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Audi Rs5, then where is the car radio fuse of your Audi Rs5 .
Why change the car radio fuse on Audi Rs5?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Audi Rs5 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Audi Rs5 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Audi Rs5 when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Audi Rs5?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Audi Rs5 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, based on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is quite often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Audi Rs5 can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Audi Rs5
If you still have the original head unit on your Audi Rs5, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Read the manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Audi Rs5 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse attentively and check its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Audi Rs5
At last, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Audi Rs5 in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Audi Rs5 , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Audi Rs5, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Audi Rs5
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Audi Rs5
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi Rs5, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any additional questions about the Audi Rs5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Rs5 category.