In this article we’re going to deal with one more topic in the series on motor vehicle care. This is the coolant level, and specifically where to put coolant in Tesla Model S? For this, we will start this article with a little reminder on the interest of ensuring of the coolant level of your motor vehicle, then, where to fill coolant in Tesla Model S? And, finally, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a Tesla Model S?
Before we show you where the coolant is on a Tesla Model S, we start our content by reminding you what is the interest of guaranteeing an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a Tesla Model S has an essential objective in the good performing of your engine, in truth, it will circulate in it to catch the heat made by its process and transfer it to your radiator which has the mission to produce it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not effective. Without coolant your engine would overheat after only a few minutes, and this would result in engine failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level at all times. If your coolant level drops down below the minimal level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system might be reduced and consequently its performance might be limited or even zero if it is too low. At last, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and trigger a leak that can also trigger the engine to break down.
Where to put the coolant in Tesla Model S?
We now proceed to the step that you are likely most keen on, where to put coolant in Tesla Model S? You are now informed of the importance of constantly having the ideal level of this coolant. To identify it is very simple, here are the different steps to allow you to discover the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Tesla Model S:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your motor vehicle.
- You must quickly identify the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Tesla Model S, it is in most cases based in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to identify it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a Tesla Model S?
Now that you have find out where the coolant is in your Tesla Model S , we will show you how to produce the level of it. Nothing could be easier, just stick to the few steps down below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just cured water with antifreeze added.
- Check on the side of the expansion tank of your Tesla Model S the level of the expansion tank. Just see if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or down below the “min” mark you can continue to follow these steps, otherwise the level of your liquid is good enough
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your motor vehicle.
- Gently add coolant to the expansion tank of your Tesla Model S by looking at frequently.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t start your engine, and with a syringe, remove the excess coolant.
If the engine of your Tesla Model S warms up despite a level coolant, browse this content, you will be able to find the causes of this problem.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Tesla Model S, do not hesitate to consult our Tesla Model S category.