Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well go through the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Tiguan, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly impact the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Volkswagen Tiguan. To get this done, first, we will see in which circumstances it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Volkswagen Tiguan, then where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Tiguan .
Why replace blinker fuses on Volkswagen Tiguan?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Volkswagen Tiguan by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if your turn signal does not work on Volkswagen Tiguan anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Tiguan . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Volkswagen Tiguan when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Tiguan?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Volkswagen Tiguan is. The turn indicators are related to some electronic elements and there may be some fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Volkswagen Tiguan .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Volkswagen Tiguan
We will first look into the internal fuses of your Volkswagen Tiguan’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Volkswagen Tiguan.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Volkswagen Tiguan , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Volkswagen Tiguan
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Tiguan, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Tiguan, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Volkswagen Tiguan, go to our Volkswagen Tiguan category.