Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also suffer the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Ram P/U, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to discover the turn signal fuse on your Ram P/U. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Ram P/U, then where is the turn signal fuse on Ram P/U .
Why replace blinker fuses on Ram P/U?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Ram P/U by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Ram P/U anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Ram P/U . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Ram P/U when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Ram P/U?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Ram P/U is. The turn indicators are linked to some electronic components and there may be some fuses linked to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Ram P/U .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Ram P/U
We will first look into the internal fuses of your Ram P/U’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your Ram P/U.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Ram P/U , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Ram P/U
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ram P/U, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ram P/U, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Ram P/U, do not hesitate to consult our Ram P/U category.