Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Mercury Mariner, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Mercury Mariner. To do this, first, we will discover in which circumstances it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Mercury Mariner, then where is the turn signal fuse on Mercury Mariner .
Why change blinker fuses on Mercury Mariner?
So let’s start our content page on the location of theblinker fuse of your Mercury Mariner by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Mercury Mariner anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Mercury Mariner . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Mercury Mariner when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Mercury Mariner?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Mercury Mariner is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic components and there might be several fuses related to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that handles the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Mercury Mariner .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Mercury Mariner
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Mercury Mariner’s turn signs. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Mercury Mariner.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Mercury Mariner , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Mercury Mariner
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercury Mariner, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercury Mariner, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Mercury Mariner, do not hesitate to consult our Mercury Mariner category.